Jol has been unveiled as Mark Hughes' successor at Craven Cottage, having come close to joining the London club last summer.
Jol, who has been without a club since leaving Ajax last year, spent three years in charge of Tottenham between 2004 and 2007, and he is delighted to be back in the Barclays Premier League
He said: "Everybody knew I would like to come back. I said that when I left, like Arnold Schwarzenegger I will be back, and I am back."
The Dutchman also revealed one of the main attractions in taking the Cottagers job was that he would be in charge of a club with a proud tradition.
"I think Fulham is a traditional club, like Spurs, West Ham and all the London clubs. They gave me a good feeling and when we played here (with Spurs) we had a couple of good results, and I like the colours, black and white as well.
"I could go on but Fulham are happy, I am happy, so hopefully we can keep it that way."
Jol's first match in charge will be against NSI Runavik of the Faroe Islands in the first qualifying round of the Europa League on 30th June, with the away leg following a week later.
Fulham got into the tournament due to their fair play record, and while Jol admits the early timing is not ideal he hopes having a competitive fixture will add bite to their pre-season preparations.
"This is only the second or third time Fulham have been in Europe," he said.
"So I could have said let's start (training) early in June but I thought it was a bad idea. You could consider it a friendly game with a serious touch."
Jol also said he had no frustrations about missing out on a move to Craven Cottage last summer, as Ajax refused to release him