Denmark international Lindegaard, who joined United last January from Aalesund, found himself third-choice last season behind Edwin van der Sar and Tomasz Kuszczak.
Despite the retirement of Van der Sar, Lindegaard could find his path to the starting XI blocked by the possible arrival of David De Gea from Atletico Madrid.
Lindegaard made only two first-team appearances last season, both in the FA Cup.
He has yet to make his bow in the Barclays Premier League but is already looking forward to the new season ahead and is ready do all he can to win the number one shirt at Old Trafford.
"I am really excited to get things started. It will be an exciting season for me and for the team," he said.
"I will fight with all I have for the [goalkeeper's] position to be mine.
"The goal for Manchester United is to win as many titles as possible and I will do my best to contribute to this."